If you’ve belonged to the SCM community for any time you know that we strive to provide insightful content that helps you better manage your church operations.
We also know that many churches have cracked the code on efficiency and best practices for things that they do every day.
We would like to highlight some of those churches so we can share what they have learned and their best practices with other churches who may be struggling to figure it out.
If you are a church that does a great job in any area of ministry, we would love to hear your story.
Here are some examples of best practices but it can really be anything that helps the ministry manage the resources that God provides which is defined as people, time or money.
Some example best practice areas might be:
- Cash Handling
- Volunteer Recruitment
- Member Involvement
- Children’s Ministry
- Managing Employees
- Sermon Development
- Facility Maintenance
- Decision Making
- Social Media
- Website Development
- Volunteer Management
- Reward and Recognition
- Meeting Facilitation
If you have a best practice that you would like to share with other churches by being featured on our site, here is all you need to do.
Send us a word document with 1000 +/- words.
- Your name
- Your position at the church
- The church’s name
- Church Location
- Church website URL
- Email Contact (if anyone has questions for you)
Use these questions as a guide as you document your best practice.
- Name your best practice
- What area of the church does it impact?
- What was the turning point for your church to make a change or focus time and energy in this particular area?
- What data supported the need for this change or focus?
- What steps did your team take to develop and fine tune this best practice?
- How did you fund this initiative (if applicable)?
- Describe your best practice and explain exactly what you do and how you do it. Please attach any applicable forms, documents that you use to manage this practice.
- What has the result been in terms of response, money saved or improved process to this practice?
- Why are you proud of this best practice?
- What were the lessons learned along the way that you would like to share with others?
You can access a word document with these questions and instructions by clicking here.
Send the best practice document to [email protected]
We will highlight one best practice a week and will prioritize as they come to us.
We reserve the right to edit, refuse or clarify any copy
to make it consistent with SCM content standards.
We prayerfully hope that this sharing of best practices will result in many churches improving what they do by learning from others.
Thanks for helping us help other churches!
God bless you for all you do!