I don’t know about you but I love the Thanksgiving holiday.
It is one of the few times a year that it is OK to hang with family and friends. And to indulge in those once a year food favorites.
But most important it is a time that we stop and reflect on how grateful we are for our countless blessings.
I did some research and found 25 Bible verses about being thankful that I thought I would share as you prepare for your Thanksgiving dinner.
Enjoy and God bless you for all you do!
1. I will give thanks to the Lord because of his righteousness; I will sing the praises of the name of the Lord Most High.
2. Along with their fellowship offering of thanksgiving they are to present an offering with thick loaves of bread made with yeast.
3. ….give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.
1 Thessalonians 5:18
4. Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever.
1 Chronicles 16:34
5. Cry out, “Save us, God our Savior; gather us and deliver us from the nations, that we may give thanks to your holy name, and glory in your praise.”
1 Chronicles 16:35
6. Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name.
7. Now, our God, we give you thanks, and praise your glorious name.
1 Chronicles 29:13
8. The trumpeters and musicians joined in unison to give praise and thanks to the Lord. Accompanied by trumpets, cymbals and other instruments, the singers raised their voices in praise to the Lord and sang: “He is good; his love endures forever.” Then the temple of the Lord was filled with the cloud…
2 Chronicles 5:13-14
9. When all the Israelites saw the fire coming down and the glory of the Lord above the temple, they knelt on the pavement with their faces to the ground, and they worshiped and gave thanks to the Lord, saying, “He is good; his love endures forever.”
2 Chronicles 7:3
10. The priests took their positions, as did the Levites with the Lord’s musical instruments, which King David had made for praising the Lord and which were used when he gave thanks, saying, “His love endures forever.” Opposite the Levites, the priests blew their trumpets, and all the Israelites were standing.
2 Chronicles 7:6
11. After consulting the people, Jehoshaphat appointed men to sing to the Lord and to praise him for the splendor of his holiness as they went out at the head of the army, saying: “Give thanks to the Lord, for his love endures forever.”
2 Chronicles 20:21
12. Hezekiah assigned the priests and Levites to divisions—each of them according to their duties as priests or Levites—to offer burnt offerings and fellowship offerings, to minister, to give thanks and to sing praises at the gates of the Lord’s dwelling.
2 Chronicles 31:2
13. With praise and thanksgiving they sang to the Lord: “He is good; his love toward Israel endures forever.” And all the people gave a great shout of praise to the Lord, because the foundation of the house of the Lord was laid.
14. I will give you thanks in the great assembly; among the throngs I will praise you.
15. The Levites were Jeshua, Binnui, Kadmiel, Sherebiah, Judah, and also Mattaniah, who, together with his associates, was in charge of the songs of thanksgiving.
16. And the leaders of the Levites were Hashabiah, Sherebiah, Jeshua son of Kadmiel, and their associates, who stood opposite them to give praise and thanksgiving, one section responding to the other, as prescribed by David the man of God.
17. At the dedication of the wall of Jerusalem, the Levites were sought out from where they lived and were brought to Jerusalem to celebrate joyfully the dedication with songs of thanksgiving and with the music of cymbals, harps and lyres.
18. I had the leaders of Judah go up on top of the wall. I also assigned two large choirs to give thanks. One was to proceed on top of the wall to the right, toward the Dung Gate.
19. The two choirs that gave thanks then took their places in the house of God; so did I, together with half the officials…
20. For long ago, in the days of David and Asaph, there had been directors for the musicians and for the songs of praise and thanksgiving to God.
21. I will give thanks to you, Lord, with all my heart; I will tell of all your wonderful deeds.
22. I will praise God’s name in song and glorify him with thanksgiving.
23. Let us come before him with thanksgiving and extol him with music and song.
24. Mattaniah son of Mika, the son of Zabdi, the son of Asaph, the director who led in thanksgiving and prayer……
25. Let the message of Christ dwell among you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom through psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit, singing to God with gratitude in your hearts.
I pray you and your family have a blessed and peaceful Thanksgiving!
If you would like a PDF of this click here.