The Coronavirus continues to take its toll on the United States and President Trump has extended the social distancing recommendation until the end of April.
For churches, this means scrambling to figure out the new normal in church services and facing the reality that Easter will be very different this year.
Churches are also facing the inevitable challenge of a decline in donations and the uncertainty of laying off valuable employees. This is coupled with the reality of knowing that (most) church employees don’t qualify for unemployment benefits.
This sudden onslaught of changes has even the most solid believer a little bit on edge.
As we all grapple with the new reality we now live, don’t lose sight of the big picture and take refuge in the many Bible verses on anxiety and stress!
10 Bible Verses For Anxiety And Stress
1. I sought the Lord, and he answered me; he delivered me from all my fears.
2. When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought me joy. Psalm 94:19
3. Anxiety weighs down the heart, but a kind word cheers it up. Proverbs 12:25
4. So then, banish anxiety from your heart and cast off the troubles of your body, for youth and vigor are meaningless. Ecclesiastes 11:10
5. For I, the Lord your God, will hold your right hand, Saying to you, ‘Fear not, I will help you.’ Isaiah 41:13
6. Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28
7. Therefore I am all the more eager to send him, so that when you see him again you may be glad and I may have less anxiety. Philippians 2:28
8. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
9. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
2 Corinthians 12:10
10. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. 1 Peter 5:7
What other Bible verses do you meditate on when you experience anxiety and stress?
This too shall pass. God bless you for all you do and stay well!