Estimated reading time: 7 minutes
Anyone who has responsibility for the work of others understands the unique challenges that come with managing people.
And, with the pandemic, those management skills have been exercised!
The good news is, God has provided us with a playbook to help us – the Bible.
Use these Bible verses about management to inspire you!
I want to share 25 Bible verses that I have personally used to encourage and strengthen myself when I had the responsibility of managing others.
I hope this will strengthen and encourage you as you go through your day!
25 Bible Verses About Management
1. “Then the LORD answered me and said: “Write the vision And make it plain on tablets, That he may run who reads it.” Habakkuk 2:2
2. “Do not withhold good from those to whom it is due, when it is in the power of your hand to do so.” Proverbs 3:27
3. “For as the body is one and has many members, but all the members of that one body, being many, are one body, so also is Christ. For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body—whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free—and have all been made to drink into one Spirit. For in fact the body is not one member but many.” 1 Corinthians 12:12-14
4. “He who is slow to anger is better than the mighty, And he who rules his spirit than he who takes a city.” Proverbs 16:32
5. “Where there is no counsel, the people fall; But in the multitude of counselors there is safety.” Proverbs 11:14
6. “Obey those who rule over you, and be submissive, for they watch out for your souls, as those who must give account. Let them do so with joy and not with grief, for that would be unprofitable for you.” Hebrews 13:17
7. “A man who isolates himself seeks his own desire; He rages against all wise judgment.” Proverbs 18:1
8. “Whoever guards his mouth and tongue, Keeps his soul from troubles.”
9. “Do not speak in the hearing of a fool, For he will despise the wisdom of your words.” Proverbs 23:9
10. “If you faint in the day of adversity, Your strength is small.” Proverbs 24:10
11.“Be diligent to know the state of your flocks, And attend to your herds;”
12. “Where there is no wood, the fire goes out; And where there is no talebearer, strife ceases.” Proverbs 26:20
13. “Those who forsake the law praise the wicked, But such as keep the law contend with them.” Proverbs 28:4
14. “To show partiality is not good, Because for a piece of bread a man will transgress.” Proverbs 28:21
15. “Whoever loves instruction loves knowledge, But he who hates correction is stupid.” Proverbs 12:1
16. “It is an abomination for kings to commit wickedness, For a throne is established by righteousness.” Proverbs 16:12
17. “When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan.” Proverbs 29:2
18. “A fool vents all his feelings, But a wise man holds them back.” Proverbs 29:11
19. “The king establishes the land by justice, But he who receives bribes overthrows it.” Proverbs 29:4
20. “A man’s pride will bring him low, But the humble in spirit will retain honor.”
21. “Moreover you shall select from all the people able men, such as fear God, men of truth, hating covetousness; and place such over them to be rulers of thousands, rulers of hundreds, rulers of fifties, and rulers of tens.” Exodus 18:21
22. “The fear of man brings a snare, But whoever trusts in the Lord shall be safe.”
23. “For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil, for which some have strayed from the faith in their greediness, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.” 1 Timothy 6:10
24. “Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.” Galatians 6:9
25. “A wise man will hear and increase learning, And a man of understanding will attain wise counsel.” Proverbs 1:5
What is your favorite Bible verse about managing others?
If you would like to download a PDF copy of these scriptures click here.
Do You Need To Hone Your Church Administration Skills?
Check out our newest course – Fundamentals Of Church Administration