Employee Management Training Course
Working with church leaders has helped me recognize quite a few need help when managing employees. I decided to create this video training because of the continued interest in this subject and the vulnerability that church leaders feel when asked to “assess” employee performance. I’ve had the privilege of overseeing church employees, and in speaking with other people who manage church staff, I truly understand the challenge that comes with trying to manage the day-to-day operations of a ministry and keeping employees focused on those things that are most important to church strategy.
I’ve worked with numerous church leaders who have or had the responsibility of managing church employees and dread the annual performance appraisal process. Partially, most church leaders dislike it because it’s a time consuming process but, more commonly, because they don’t have training and don’t have the expertise to assess employee performance painlessly.
My hope is that this training will provide the tools to not only make the process easier but also the insights that can help to create a positive appraisal experience.
Anyone who works for a ministry understands the unique challenges that come with managing church employees. However, when employers manage with fairness and objectivity, the employees will feel more engaged with the church and go out of their way to create a positive experience for those people (employees, members and volunteers) they serve.
In this six-part video series you will learn:
- The steps to increase employee productivity
- How to identify what needs to get done
- Who in the organization will do it
- How to easily monitor the progress
- How to properly reward employees
Did you know?
- Employees go to work with the intention of doing a good job.
- 40% of employees never receive a performance evaluation – and of the 60% that do, most are done poorly.
- When there are no performance conversations it affects productivity and employee morale.
- Employees leave organizations not because of their job but because of their immediate supervisor.
- A major cause of stress for employees is not knowing what is expected of them and never receiving feedback.
Help Your Employees Get More Accomplished!
- Do you struggle with turning your church’s vision into reality?
- Do you need help writing actionable church goals?
- Do you want your employees to know how what they do supports the vision of your church?
- Do you have some employees who are less productive than others?
- Do you dread that performance conversation with your employees?
- Would you like to get more done with your current church staff?
- Would you like to reward your better employees and tie performance appraisals to raise distribution?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then this training might be for you!
Videos in this series:
1. Managing Performance
2. Setting Goals
3. Creating Performance Appraisal ‘Form
4. Performance Appraisal Process
5. Performance Appraisal Preparation
6. Scoring and Raises
Upon completion you’ll be able to:
- Write measurable/actionable goals that support your church’s strategy.
- Attach accountability to goals (to make sure they get done).
- Create a goal document (with due dates).
- Create a performance appraisal document that is customized to your church’s values.
- Have a positive and constructive performance conversation with your employees.
- Reward your best employees by tying the performance appraisal scores to raise distribution.
About the Trainer
Patricia Lotich is an MBA and Certified Manager of Quality/Organizational Excellence who spent ten years on the staff of a mega church helping them develop systems and processes to enhance the work experience of their employees and volunteers. She is the author of four books:
All four books are available on Amazon.
- 10 Steps to Help Your Employees Get More Done(PDF)
- Performance Appraisal Template (Word Doc)
- Excel Spreadsheet for Raise Distribution Example (Excel File)
- Presentation Notes from the Training (PDF)
Click here to access the training and use discount code smart20 to get 20% off the $97 registration fee!
As always, I love feedback so please shoot me an email and let me know how you liked the class.